- Organisation: Australian Universities
- Duty Station: Australia
- Opportunity Type: Scholarships
- Duration: Partial Funding
- Deadline: 08/31/2023
Are you holding a PhD in machine learning, computer science, statistics, or applied mathematics? Are you passionate about conducting cutting-edge research in the field of machine learning? If so, consider joining the CSIRO Data61 team for an exciting 3-year postdoctoral role.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Machine Learning
The location for this role is Clayton, Victoria, with potential travel opportunities to Canberra, Sydney, and Brisbane. The salary for the position ranges from AU$92,000 to AU$101,000 per year, with an additional 15.4% superannuation. The postdoctoral fellowship is a specified term of 3 years, with the reference number 93478.
This fellowship is open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or people with Australian Work-Permit.
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as machine learning, computer science, statistics or applied mathematics. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (full-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- The ability to effectively program in a relevant programming language such as Python (others such as R/Matlab/Julia/C++ are fine too).
- High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including the presentation of research outcomes at national and international conferences.
- A sound history of publication in peer reviewed journals/conferences and/or authorship of scientific papers, reports, grant applications or patents.
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or you must either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa for the duration of the specified term. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Candidates will be expected to commence employment by 31 January 2024.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a CV and cover letter that includes statements addressing the selection criteria and best demonstrates your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.