- Organisation: Australian Universities
- Duty Station: Australia
- Opportunity Type: Scholarships
- Duration:Fully Funded
- Deadline: Not specified
Applications are now open for the Australian Government Research Scholarship 2023-24 in Australia. These scholarships, known as the RTP scholarships, are available to both domestic and international students who are enrolled in an accredited HDR (Higher Degree by Research) course. Under the AGRTP International Scholarship, international students from around the world have the opportunity to pursue a Master’s or PhD degree in Australia. This scholarship is fully funded for the academic session of 2023-2024.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
The Australian Government Research Scholarship 2023-24 provides fully funded scholarships for international students in Australia. The scholarships cover a range of expenses, including:
- Stipend: Recipients will receive an annual living allowance of AUD $29,863 (tax-free, 2023 value) for up to 2 years for a Research Master’s degree, and up to 3 years for a Research Doctoral degree.
- Full Tuition Fee Coverage: The scholarships cover the full tuition fees for up to 2 years for Master’s degrees and up to 4 years for PhD degrees.
- Medical Funds: Paid sick leave is provided to recipients.
- Overseas Student Health Cover: The scholarships include coverage for Overseas Student Health Cover, ensuring students have access to necessary medical services.
- Travel Allowance: A travel allowance of $1000 is provided to cover airfare expenses for travel from the student’s home country to and from Adelaide.
- Thesis Submission Costs: Candidates completing their doctoral or research masters programs will receive financial assistance for thesis-related expenses, such as editing, printing, and binding. The cost is AUD$840 for doctoral candidates and AUD$420 for masters by research candidates.
This scholarship is open to international students of all nationalities.
List of Participating Universities:
- Australian Catholic University
- Bachelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education
- Bond University
- Central Queensland University
- Charles Darwin University
- Charles Sturt University
- Curtin University
- Deakin University
- Edith Cowan University
- Federation University Australia
- Flinders University
- Griffith University
- James Cook University
- La Trobe University
- Macquarie University
- Monash University
- Murdoch University
- Queensland University of Technology
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
- Southern Cross University
- Swinburne University of Technology
- The Australian National University
- The University of Adelaide
- The University of Melbourne
- The University of Notre Dame Australia
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Sydney
- The University of Western Australia
- Torrens University of Australia
- University of Canberra
- University of Divinity
- University of New South Wales
- University of Newcastle
- University of South Australia
- University of Southern Queensland
- University of Tasmania
- University of Technology Sydney
- University of the Sunshine Coast
- University of Wollongong
- Victoria University
- Western Sydney University
The following are the essential eligibility criteria for both the Masters and PhD scholarships in Australia:
- International Students: Applicants must be international students, which means they are not citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
- Academic Qualification: Applicants must have successfully completed a qualification that is equivalent to an Australian Honours degree. The specific educational requirements may vary depending on the university and program.
- English Language Proficiency: Applicants are required to demonstrate proficiency in the English language by providing evidence of meeting the university’s English language requirements. This may involve submitting scores from recognized English language proficiency tests, such as IELTS or TOEFL.
How to Apply
To apply for the Australian Government Research Scholarship, prospective applicants are required to choose the university where they intend to pursue their studies and then follow the application process specified by that particular university. For detailed information on how to apply for the scholarship, including specific instructions and requirements, please refer to the official advertisement link provided below.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.