- Organisation: IMF Internship Program
- Duty Station: Washington DC
- Opportunity Type: International Scholarship
- Duration: Fully Funded
- Deadline: Opened Now
Financial Benefits of IMF Summer Internship Program
International Monetary Fund Internship 2023/2024 will cover the different cost of selected students.
Details of the Internship Coverage is given below
- A competitive salary
- Round-trip restricted economy class air travel from their university to Washington, D.C.
- Limited medical insurance coverage.
About the International Monetary Fund Internship
Our summer interns gain an insider’s perspective on the IMF’s country-focused mandate and key international work. You will build professional networks as you apply your research and analytical skills to help us explore questions of real importance to our member countries and global economic stability. Whether you see a future in international organizations or are simply interested in policy and operational work, this is an excellent opportunity to explore both while applying your top skills and broadening your research experience. There is an opportunity.
We recruit for FIP on a global basis with approximately 50 students from around the world joining us each year at IMF headquarters in Washington DC. These paid internships take place between June and October and last for 10 to 12 weeks.
Previous FIP research topics have included
A Bottom-Up Approach to Modelling Inflation Dynamics in LAC
Taking Stock of Digitalization and its implications for Inflation Dynamics and Monetary Policy
A Review of the Experience with Diversification, Poverty Reduction, and Inequality
The Role of Prudential Policies in Attenuating the Credit Cycle
Macro-Financial Performance, PFM, and Corruption Indicators
The Role of Intangible Assets and Innovation Policy in ASEAN
What is Behind High Interest Rate Spreads in Africa?
The IMF’s Legal Department also offers internships under this program. In past years, Legal Department projects have included
- Analysis of the Legal Framework for Capital Controls Under the European Economic Area
- Research on the Insolvency of Non-Bank Financial Institutions
- Research on the Legal Mandate of the IMF In Financial Regulation
- Cross-Country Comparisons of Effectiveness in AML/CFT Efforts
For an economics internship, you should have focused your studies on monetary and international economics, public finance, financial markets, economics, or a related field. In addition, you should have strong analytical and quantitative skills and have an excellent command of written and spoken English. If you are currently completing a PhD, you should:
- Registered as an active student (i.e. returning to university studies after completing the internship)
- Below the age of 32 at the start of the internship
- If you are currently completing a master’s degree, you must be:
- Registered as an active student at the time of application (not yet graduated)
- Below the age of 28 at the commencement of the internship
How to Apply
It is important to visit the official website to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
All applications must be submitted online and during the respective application period to apply for World Bank Summer Internship 2023/2024 Online Apply. (We do not accept applications by email