- Organisation: Amelia Earhart
- Duty Station: Netherlands
- Opportunity Type: Fellowship
- Duration: One Time
- Deadline: Nov 15, 2022
The Amelia Earhart Fellowship was established in 1938 in honour of the famed pilot and Zontian, Amelia Earhart. The US$10,000 Fellowship is awarded annually to up to 30 women pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace-applied sciences or aerospace-applied engineering.
Amelia Earhart Fellowship Benefits
Successful candidates for the Amelia Earhart Fellowship of Zonta International will receive a payment of US$10,000 may be used for tuition, books, and fees, or living expenses (room, board or travel).
Amelia Earhart Fellowship Eligibility
Applicants for the Amelia Earhart Fellowship of Zonta International must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be registered in a full-time PhD/doctoral program on research applied to aerospace engineering or space sciences and have completed at least one year of that program, or, have received a master’s degree in an aerospace-applied field at the time the application is submitted. Verification of current enrollment must be submitted as a PDF. Acceptance letters are not verification of enrollment and will not be accepted.
- Demonstrate a superior academic record at a recognized university or college with accredited courses in aerospace-applied studies, as verified by official transcripts and recommendations.
- Provide evidence of a well-defined research program applied to aerospace engineering or space sciences in the application essay (in general scientific terms), the academic documents (references, transcripts, verification of enrollment) and listed publications
- Clearly demonstrate that the Ph.D. research program is directly related to aerospace/space sciences and furnish verification of the research program through at least one of the reference letters required with the application. The thesis supervisor or advisor must be one of the referees.
- Applicant must be registered in a full-time PhD/doctoral program by 15 November 2022 and must not graduate before April 2024.
How to Apply
Eligible applicants should click on the apply button below, register, and follow instructions to submit their applications.
The Application deadline is November 15, 2022. To know more about the Amelia Earhart Fellowship of Zonta International, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.