- Organisation: Taiwan Universities
- Duty Station: Taiwan
- Opportunity Type: Scholarships
- Duration: Fully Funded
- Deadline: NOT SPECIFIED
The Taiwan Scholarship, offered by the Ministry of Education (MOE) of Taiwan, is a prestigious scholarship program aimed at attracting outstanding international students to pursue higher education in Taiwan. It provides financial support to students from all over the world who wish to study in Taiwanese universities, colleges, and other higher education institutions.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
The MOE Taiwan Scholarship Program provides the following benefits to outstanding international student scholarship recipients pursuing a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree:
- Tuition and miscellaneous expenses: The MOE covers approved tuition and miscellaneous expenses up to NTD 40,000 per semester. If the total expenses exceed NTD 40,000, the remaining amount must be paid by the student. Miscellaneous expenses do not include administration fees, thesis supervision fees, insurance premiums, accommodation, or internet access, which are the responsibility of the scholarship recipient.
- Living allowance: Each recipient undertaking university undergraduate studies receives a monthly stipend of NTD 15,000, while recipients pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree receive a monthly stipend of NTD 20,000.
- Discounts on tuition and fees: Some universities/colleges may offer scholarship recipients discounts on tuition and/or miscellaneous expenses. The details of these discounts must be submitted by the university/college to the MOE annually, including information on which departments/institutes are providing the discounts and a copy of the fee standards.
This scholarship is open to international students of all nationalities.
- Applicants must be a foreign national with a secondary school graduation diploma or a post-secondary diploma or degree, and an excellent academic record, and be of good moral character.
A person in any of the following categories is ineligible to apply:
- A R.O.C. national or an overseas Chinese student.
- A person who already has and is continuing to maintain student status at any university or tertiary college in Taiwan or a person who has already registered to begin studies at a university/college in Taiwan. This restriction does not apply to a student who will complete a degree and graduate that year. They may apply for a Taiwan Scholarship to pursue a higher degree.
- A person who has already studied in Taiwan for a degree at the same level as the one in which they intend to enroll.
- An exchange student or dual/joint degree student who has been admitted to a university/college in Taiwan in accordance with an academic cooperation agreement between the university/college in Taiwan and an overseas university/college.
- A person who has held a Taiwan Scholarship for a total of five years.
- A person who has ever had a Taiwan Scholarship or MOE Huayu Enrichment Scholarship revoked.
- A person who has received any other scholarship or subsidy from any Taiwan Government agency or any education institution in Taiwan. This does not include any subsidy provided for Taiwan Scholarship recipients by a university/college to cover the outstanding amount of their tuition and other fees if the total amount exceeds the maximum amount paid by the scholarship.
How to Apply
Applicants for a Taiwan Scholarship must apply directly to the university/college for admission. Each university/college sets its own application deadline.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.