- Organisation: University of Oxford
- Duty Station: UK
- Opportunity Type: Scholarships
- Duration: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 08/31/2023
The SJLP (Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine) Rhodes Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship that enables talented young people from the Middle East to study at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom. The scholarship was established in 2016 by the Rhodes Trust and the Saïd Foundation, and it is one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
This scholarship is fully funded.
PLEASE NOTE: Under no circumstances does the Rhodes Trust pay stipend (living expenses) beyond the third year of Scholarship. Alternative sources of funding could include self-financing, grants, other external scholarship support, loans or family support. The Rhodes Trust will require appropriate evidence of alternative funding.
This scholarship is open to international students from Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, or Palestine, or legal permanent/temporary residents in Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, or Palestine
- Nationality/citizenship: Applicants must be Syrian, Jordanian, Lebanese, or Palestinian, or legal permanent/temporary residents in Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, or Palestine.
- Education/residency: Applicants must have either been resident in or received at least 5 years of education in Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, the West Bank, Gaza, or Israel. Some discretion may be considered for Syrian applicants, and they are advised to contact the National Secretary for further advice.
- Age: There are two age criteria:
i. Applicants must be aged 18-25 on 1st October 2023 (born after 1st October 1997 and before 2nd October 2005).
ii. Alternatively, for older candidates, applicants must be under the age of 27 on 1st October 2023 (born after 1st October 1996) and have either completed their first undergraduate degree on or after 1st October 2022 or faced disruptions during their undergraduate education due to national circumstances.
- Academic achievement: Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree by July 2024, meeting or exceeding the specific entry requirements of their chosen course at the University of Oxford. Having a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent, or a GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher, increases the chances of successful admission.
- English Language: Applicants must meet the University of Oxford’s English language requirements. They should either qualify for a test waiver by using the University’s self-assessment tool or provide test results with scores that meet the higher level requirement. The University’s webpage provides details on accepted tests, required scores, and conditions for a language test waiver.
How to Apply
The application process is explained as you navigate through the pages outlined below.
- The Rhodes Scholarship
Find out more about what the Rhodes Scholarship is, what it covers and what life in Oxford as a Rhodes Scholar is like.
- The Selection Criteria
This section gives information about how we select Rhodes Scholars and what criteria we are looking for.
- Check your Eligibility and Apply
Find out if you are eligible to apply for a Rhodes Scholarship and start your application!
- Additional Resources
This section provides resources to guide you through the application process and answers your frequently asked questions.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.