- Organisation: Ireland Government Scholarship
- Duty Station: Ireland
- Opportunity Type: Scholarship
- Duration: Fully Funded
- Deadline: Not Specified
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program is a renowned national project overseen by the Council and sponsored by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation, and Science. The Ireland Government Scholarship 2023 Program is unique in the Irish area of research, and it supports other funding options for postgraduate education in Ireland. Students will be given prestigious awards for outstanding research performances. It funds a varied spectrum of great individual researchers at various career phases, investing in discovery research and ground-breaking concepts that address critical community issues.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
- Host Country: Ireland
- Funded By: The Ireland scholarships for international students 2023 is funded by the Department of Education and Skills and managed by the Council, Government of Ireland
- Degree level: Master & PhD Degrees
- Program Duration: One – Four years depending on the type of degree being pursued and the date of first registration (where applicable).
- Humanities and Arts
- General Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Social Sciences.
Eligible Universities under Government of Ireland Scholarship 2023
- Atlantic Technological University
- Coláiste Mhuire Marino
- Dublin City University
- Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies
- Dublin Dental Hospital
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design & Technology
- Mary Immaculate College
- Maynooth University
- Munster Technological University
- National College of Art and Design
- National College of Ireland
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- RCSI University of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Royal Irish Academy
- Royal Irish Academy of Music
- South East Technological University
- Technological University Dublin
- Technological University of the Shannon: Midlands Midwest
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Dublin, Trinity College
- University of Limerick.
- The student will get a stipend of €18,500 per year.
- The scholarship will cover the tuition fee.
- The student will receive research expenses of €3,250 per year.
- Individual, significant rewards will be given to candidates in their own names for outstanding research.
- Global, independent expert peer evaluation as part of an objective selection process
- The candidates will get a chance to study in the world’s leading universities in Ireland.
- The scholarship also non-European union fees for candidates which will be up to €5,750.
- The applicants can be of any age in order to apply for the Ireland scholarship.
- Prior to accessing an application form, all applicants must take and pass an eligibility quiz on the online application system.
- All applicants must be linked with an Eligible university listed above.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree for pursuing a Master’s and a Master’s Degree for pursuing PhD Applications.
- Applicants must be fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Academic referees and supervisors must provide positive reports of the applicants.
- In order to be considered, applicants must not have failed twice in their previous applications for the same program. This is true whether the applicant’s host institution or research topic has changed since their last submission.
- Students waiting for their Results can also apply. However, they must get provisional certificates from their home institutions.
- The applicants must have first-class or upper-second-class degrees.
- Applicants seeking a research master’s degree or a doctoral degree must not possess or have held an Irish Research Council scholarship in the past.
- All applicants must have a willing supervisor who can’t guide them on their research projects during their studies in Ireland.
- The candidates who have research topics related to; humans, Human modification (except for cancer research), and the production of human embryos.
How to Apply
It is important to visit the official website to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
- Apply online for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships Program 2023 using the online application platform. Hard copies or email application forms will not be accepted.
- For supervision of an admission letter, try to contact relevant academics from Ireland’s higher education institutions as listed above (strongly suggested contacting but without this, you can apply as well). Click here to learn how to get an acceptance letter.
- Applications are expected to be entirely the applicant’s own work. i.e. no plagiarism
- Transcripts must be appropriately stamped and signed to confirm that they are official documents of the institution.
- Applications are only accepted in either English or Irish.
- The candidates must make an account in order to access the application.
- Once the applicant has to fill out the application form, supervisor form, and referee form on the given specimen.
- Educational documents
- Study plan/Statement of Purpos
- Research Proposal
- Copy of Passport
- Supervision details (if any)
- Recommendation forms
- Language proof (if any)
- Additional documents if any.