- Organisation: Ireland Universities
- Duty Station: Ireland
- Opportunity Type: International Scholarships
- Benefit: Partial Funding
- Deadline: See Below
The government of Ireland Fully Funded Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2023 is available to undertake Research level programs at Ireland Universities.
The following subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
- a salary of €40,023 in the first year of the award and €40,583 in the second year of the award*;
- employer’s PRSI contribution; and
- eligible direct research expenses of €5,000 per annum.
International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship in Ireland.
The Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation, and Science, and managed by the Irish Research Council.
This program aims to support suitably qualified applicants to pursue a postdoctoral fellowship at an eligible higher education institution in Ireland for either one or two years.
Among its features are:
- individual, prestigious awards for excellent research in the name of the applicant;
- an objective selection process using international, independent expert peer review;
- funding across all disciplines, from archaeology to zoology; and
- awards for bottom-up, non-directed research.
Pioneering proposals addressing new and emerging fields of research or those introducing creative, innovative approaches are welcomed. Proposals of an interdisciplinary nature are also encouraged as it is recognized that advancing fundamental understanding is achieved by integrating information, techniques, tools, and perspectives from two or more disciplines.
How to Apply
To start applying the mentions, follow the procedure below.
Potential applicants should read the call documentation carefully to ascertain whether they are eligible to apply. Indicative versions of the applicant and mentor forms are provided for information purposes only.
All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system.
- Click “Apply here“ to open an application portal
- On the online application portal, Login to an existing account or create an account to start a new application.
- Call open 16:00 (Irish time) 8 September 2022
- FAQ deadline 16:00 (Irish time) 13 October 2022
- Applicant deadline 16:00 (Irish time) 20 October 2022
- Mentor deadline 16:00 (Irish time) 27 October 2022
- Research office endorsement deadline 16:00 (Irish time) 3 November 2022
- Call outcome End of March 2023
- Award start date 1 September 2023
The grants management system is currently experiencing heavy server traffic so it is strongly encouraged that application and reference forms are submitted at least six hours in advance of the relevant deadline.
PLEASE NOTE: The timings provided here are indicative and may be subject to change.