- Organisation: World Bank Summer
- Duty Station: United States
- Opportunity Type: International Scholarship
- Duration: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 31 January 2023.
The Bank Internship Program (BIP) offers highly motivated individuals the opportunity to gain exposure to the mission and work of the World Bank. Internships allow individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas and research experience to the Bank’s work, while honing their skills in a diverse environment. Plus, it’s a great way to enhance CVs with practical work experience. Internships are available in both development operations and other business units (such as human resources, communications, accounting, etc.) however, availability during a given internship period is based on business need.
Financial Benefits of WB Summer Internship
- WB pays all interns an hourly salary and, where applicable, provides an allowance for travel expenses of up to USD 3,000 at the manager’s discretion. These travel expenses may only include transportation costs (airfare) to or from the duty station city. Interns are responsible for their own accommodation. Depending on business needs, most intern positions are located in WB’s country offices in Washington, DC with a few others. Typically, internship opportunities are for a minimum of four weeks.
- To be eligible for an internship, candidates must have an undergraduate degree and be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a master’s degree or PhD with plans to return to school full-time).
- Candidates having any age are eligible to apply.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of languages such as: French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese and Chinese is essential. Other skills such as computing skills are beneficial.
- We value diversity in our workplace, and encourage all qualified individuals, especially women, with diverse professional and educational backgrounds to apply. Our goal is to attract and recruit the world’s best talent.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree
How to Apply
It is important to visit the official website to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
All applications must be submitted online and during the respective application period to apply for World Bank Summer Internship 2023/2024 Online Apply. (We do not accept applications by email