- Organisation: Maastricht University (UM)
- Duty Station: Holland, Netherlands
- Opportunity Type: Non-European Scholarships
- Benefit: Fully Funded
- Deadline: Not Specific
- Duration: 13 months for a one-year master programme, 25 months for a two-year master programme
The following subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
- Living Expenses € 12,350* (13 months) or € 23,750* (25 months)
- Health and Liability Insurance € 700*
- Visa Application Costs € 207
- Tuition Fee
- Pre-Academic Training Fee
Highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a master’s programme at UM
Who is eligible?
- All candidates must meet the following requirements
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland or Surinam and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- You have applied for admission to a participating full-time master’s programme at Maastricht University for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM master programme to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2023.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrates that they are among the top 5% of the 2023-2024 scholarship programme applicants.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a very competitive scholarship, only 2% of the applicants get awarded the scholarship.
How to Apply
Register for One of The Participating Master Programmes at UM
For further details on how to register for a master’s programme at UM, please see your prospective programme’s webpage. Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive a student ID number for UM. You will need a student number in order to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form (see Step 2 below).
Only the master programmes in the list above are eligible for a UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship.
You first have to apply for the master’s programme at UM to receive your student ID, as soon as you have your student ID you can apply for the scholarship. However, you must be conditionally approved for admission to your master’s programme in order to be awarded a scholarship.
If your study programme requires the payment of a handling fee as part of your programme’s admissions procedure, the UM International Services Desk does not cover handling fees. You are responsible for paying any handling fee your programme may require by 1 February 2023.
To check whether your programme requires the payment of a handling fee, please check your programme’s webpage under the menu tab ‘Admission requirements.’
Please Fill in The Application Form, You Need to Log in With Your UM Account
Please use this link to fill out the application form.
Maastricht University can only accept applications via the application form.
- Letter of Motivation
- Proof of Academic Excellence
- Personal statement of financial need
- contact details of one referee